My Data Layers
MY DATA LAYERS
Inventorying Your GIS Data
For most fields you select a response from a drop-down list (select the answer that most closely represents your data). Inventory-level GIS data records are described by 8 basic metadata-derived fields:
5. Content Date
6. Update Frequency
7. Geography (auto-populated from Geography profile but can be altered)
8. Layer Description
Users are also encouraged to provide information in 3 additional areas where applicable:
10. Web service URL (complete URL to access a web service view or features (e.g. OGC WMS) of this dataset)
11. Archive information
Certain data layers have additional attribute information that is automatically inserted into the metadata and System Reports to make them more useful to a wide range of users. Those layers include imagery, parcels, road centerlines, addresses, land use and land cover, digital elevation models and hydrography.
Users estimate that it takes between one and three minutes to inventory each individual data layer.
In the My Geography section, you defined a default geographic extent that is automatically assigned to GIS data that you inventory. If you have a different geographic extent for a specific data layer, you can create a new geography in the "My Geography" section of your account.
You can create multiple geographies and apply them to multiple data layers.
1. If you have already created a new geography, you can re-use it by selecting its alias name from the drop-down list.
2. You can edit a saved geography by selecting its alias name from the drop-down list and clicking edit geography.
3. You can delete a saved geography by selecting its alias name from the drop-down list and clicking delete geography. If you delete a custom geography, the system will automatically assign your default geography to all data layers that were associated with it.